Common House Room Reservations & UsageCommon House Room Reservations & Usage
The following rooms may be reserved: Great Room, Dining Niche, Kitchen, Living Room, Music Room, Multipurpose Room, Kid's room and Porch. (Guest Rooms will be handled separately)
We will use a public Google Calendar that can be viewed by members without additional login on a mosaic-commons members web page. Users of Google Calendar can also view it on Google Calendar.
People and teams can add events directly to the calendar. Event titles will include the abbreviation for the room(s) in which they are held, the name of the member sponsor, and whether the event is open. People are encouraged to post information about their events in the common house as well, especially for large events.
Common Meals & General Meetings
The Kitchen, Dining Niche, and Great Room are "taken" during all Common Meals and General Meetings. People that wish to meet privately over dinner should reserve the Living Room. The Kids Room may not be reserved during Common Meals or General Meetings without community approval.
Types of Events
Events may be private or open to members and guests. They may or may not require RSVP. This information should be clearly posted in the calendar listing.
You must check before reserving the Kitchen, if it's during a time when early prep for a common meal might be happening. People reserving the Kitchen must check in with a ServSafe-certified member before their event.
We are open to other cohousing groups using our space. This will be coordinated by a member volunteer.
If you want to reserve most or all of the Common House, notify the community as soon as possible, and allow at least a week for feedback and objections.
All events, run by a member or non-member, must have a member sponsor. That sponsor will be responsible for insuring that kitchen, food, and other common facilities policies are followed and that the space is cleaned appropriately after the event, and will be available during the event for any questions or problems. Spaces should be left in at least as good condition as they were found in.
Guest ReservationsGuest Reservations
If you’d like to have a guest stay in one of our hobby rooms, please use the process below:
1. Add your name, your guest’s name and which hobby room (East or West) you would like to reserve, directly to the Google Calendar (be sure to select “hobby room calendar” and not add it just to your own personal calendar). Please select a check in and check out time instead of checking the “all day” box, so that others have the opportunity to use the room before/after your guest has checked in or out. Please do not change the colors of entries made to Mosaic shared calendars. Most of us discern which calendar an entry is made in by color. If you would like to book more than 5 nights in a row, please contact our concierge, before you put it on Google Calendar as this may have to be run by the community for decision. Or you can contact the concierge, and the concierge will set up the reservation for you.
If you would like to access the hobby room shared calendar or any of the Mosaic Commons shared calendars using your own calendar application (rather than from the terminal in the Common House hub), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a list of calendars you would like to access and the Google account (gmail address) you will be using to access the calendars.
2. The owner that signs up for the guest room is the “host” and is responsible for setting up clean linens and towels beforehand. Rooms will be left unlocked when not in use by a guest. Hosts who would like their guests to have extra keys can get them from the concierge. Guests staying more than one night “own” the room during their stay.
3. Kindly inform your guest to refrain from using loud voices, smoking (of any kind) and using scented products. There is a reminder sign in each hobby room.
4. Turnover between guests should be negotiated between hosts, with noon out and 3pm in as a starting point. Hosts are responsible for stripping the bed, washing the sheets, bed covers and towels and returning them back to the hobby room after their guest leaves. Rooms should be left with the appropriate cover for the bed/futon/couch.
5. Each household gets 5 free guest room nights per calendar year. Anything over that is charged at $10 a night. Please remit your payment in the form of a check along with your name, your guest’s name and which room they stayed in to the bookkeeper. If you prefer, the bookkeeper can add it to your statement and you can pay by check or PayPal. Just let the bookkeeper know.
6. We are open to other cohousers and cohousing groups using our space. Visits will be coordinated by the concierge, Catya, or another volunteer, with a $20/night suggested donation.